TDLS Tech Playground
Lunch: 12:00pm-1:00pm (Friday March 01, 2024)
Come visit the Tech Playground where you can play with some cool tech tools that you can use with others in the classroom, in the program, and at the school. Experience augmented and virtual reality in a safe and fun way. You can also stop by to recharge your devices and chat with others about using technology in the classroom and the adult education program. Try something new at the Tech Playground!
Division of Adult and Career Education/SCOE
Farzana Cassim is an Instructional Technology Teacher Advisor at Evans Community Adult School, She has been with Evans CAS for 29 years, starting as an ESL Level 1 student! Farzana is also a Subject Matter Expert for OTAN and has created and delivered both F2F and online workshops and webinars on a variety of technology-related topics for OTAN and also at numerous regional, state, national, and international conferences.
Penny is a former OTAN Coordinator for Distance Learning Projects and currently works as an OTAN Subject Matter Expert.
Type of Presentation
Demonstration (60 Minutes)
- Support Staff or Other Staff (Transition Specialists, Counselors, Librarians, etc.)
- Adult Basic Education
- Adult Secondary Education
- Adults with Disabilities
- English as a Second Language
- Pre-Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship
- Short-term Career Technical Education
- Workforce Preparation
- Ensuring Equity and Access
- Digital Learning Foundations
- Designing Learning Experiences
- Digital Learning Models
- Online Engagement and Assessment
- Student Support Services
- Corrections, Re-Entry, and Rehabilitation
- Program Administration and Coordination