- OTAN is now doing only online evaluations for both individual sessions as well as the over-all conference evaluation. Your input on the conference evaluation is critically important to help us plan and make next years’ Symposium even better than this year. Please, take a few moments to complete the survey and let your voice be heard. Thank you for attending the TDL Symposium in March 2020 in Sacramento! We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Friday Session Evaluations
General Session (8:30 AM-9:00 AM)
Keynote (9:00 AM-10:10 AM)
Session 1 (10:20 AM-11:20 AM)
- Easy Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Projects for Language Practice
- HLP's Journey to Technology Integration
- The TDLS-cape Room Challenge
- It’s Easy to Make an Online Survey or Quiz...Just use Google Forms!
- OTAN Resources for Adult Education
- All you need is one computer!
- USA Learns Citizenship - A FREE online course
Session 2 (11:30 AM-12:30 PM)
- Easy Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Projects for Language Practice Part 2
- Building a Blended Learning Program - Corona-Norco Adult School's Journey from a Hands on Student Perspective
- The TDLS-cape Room Challenge Part 2
- Increase ESL Student Persistence with Technology and Workforce Skills
- Step Up to 2020: Census, Civics, and Citizenship
- Gameify Your Online Course
- Internet & Digital Safety
Session 3 (1:40 PM-2:50 PM)
- Accessibility on Chromebooks
- Be More Productive with Windows 10
- Create Interactive Syllabi and Story-Themed Interactive Assignments with Google Slides and PowerPoint
- Kick Start Your Class with Digital Warm-up Activities
- Integrating Online GED and HS Subject Preparation for Adult Learners
- Celebrate and Motivate the Learning using Digital Badging
- Teaching with YouTube
Session 4 (3:00 PM-4:10 PM)
- Accessibility on Chromebooks Part 2
- iOS 13 iPad: Important Features and Gestures Everyone Should Master!
- Create Interactive Syllabi and Story-Themed Interactive Assignments with Google Slides and PowerPoint Part 2
- Tech Troubleshooting for Teachers
- Equity in an Online Learning Environment
- All In for Blended Learning~ How one Adult School Made the Journey
- Tracking Distance Learning Hours Using an Integrated Toolkit
Saturday Session Evaluations
Session 5 (9:00 AM-10:00 AM)
- Accelerated Learning with Technology
- Teaching Vocabulary with Technology
- Distance Learning Summer School Pilot Program
- Putting English to Work Online
- On the Air: Using and Creating Podcasts in the ESL Classroom
- Family Literacy Moving into the 21st Century
- Create Engaging Blended Learning Experiences Using Free and Low-Cost Digital Resources!
Session 6 (10:10 AM-11:10 AM)
- Got a website? Come Build Your Own with Google Sites.
- Teaching Vocabulary with Technology Part 2
- CK-12: Free Digital Interactive Textbooks (Meet Common Core Standards)
- Putting English to Work Online Part 2
- Implementing Apps for Mobile Devices in and out of class
- Family Literacy Moving into the 21st Century Part 2
- Zoom in the ESL Classroom
Session 7 (11:20 AM-12:20 PM)
- ePortfolio: A powerful tool for ABE, CTE, and ELD learners—and their teachers, too!
- Game-ify Your Classroom with Quizlet and Kahoot
- Creating Effective Educational Video: Planning for AE & ESL Engagement
- Enhance the Learning Experience with LEARN360
- Using Online Learning to Prepare Low-Skilled Adults for the Workplace
- Applied Arts skill development for at-risk youth
Session 8 (1:20 PM-2:20 PM)
- ePortfolio: A powerful tool for ABE, CTE, and ELD learners—and their teachers, too! Part 2
- Game-ify Your Classroom with Quizlet and Kahoot Part 2
- Teaching with FREE Online Tech Tools
- Applied Digital Skills - Free Course to Use Today!
- Leadership and Innovation: Theory to Practice for Adult Ed Teachers
- Using Kahoot to create powerful quizzes for teaching!
- Managing Challenges in Hybrid Classes